There is Other Options then the ARC Weight Room....
Hey Slippery Rock!
Have you ever experienced the ARC in it's prime time of the day? When everyone is hitting legs and taking their good ole time with the equipment and weights you want. It is seriously the WORST! So I just wanted to share some different options to get a workout in without going to the ARC weight room.
There is other options at the ARC like different workout classes like Rock spin, yoga, BOGA Fit, pilates, and deep water fitness. Some of the classes are only offered one day at a specific time and other classes have multiple instructors and times for the class. For more information on a specific class or to sign up check out the CORQ app. There is also a pool that you could swim laps in if that's what you're into. Also, Slippery Rock has a beautiful campus that anyone could walk, there is even a nice track around it! For anyone who lives off campus most of the apartment complexes do offer small gyms that have decent equipment that you should check out and see if you could work out in there, or even on a day you don't make it to the ARC most of the gyms are 24 hours off campus.
I really like the options you suggested to be able to get a workout in without going to the ARC weight room. I think this can give others some great ideas for other things to do if the weight room in the ARC is too busy so they don't feel like they won't be able to get their workout in at all for the day. The things you mentioned are also great things to try out if someone hasn't yet and to try something new and someone may find out that they really enjoy it and I know things like the Rock spin can also be fun in a way while getting in a workout. I know personally that sometimes I like being outside to workout rather than inside so I like how you mentioned taking a walk around campus. Even if someone was planning on going to the weight room in the ARC and it happens to be too busy, there are so many other options to pick from to get some type of workout in and then they can find a better time later or the next day to workout in the weight room. I really like the ones you had mentioned and I think this is a great thing to put out there because others may forget that they're are so many other things to do!
ReplyDeleteThank you for all the different ideas to being active without doing the same thing everyday. I enjoy working out a lot and I love to hear different ways that I can do to switch it up. I tried to do the rock spin before but they canceled it and I haven't gotta a chance to try it again since. I have went in the pool and did laps before and it wasn't that bad. I also agree about the weight room being packed. Every time I go its always packed, I wish they would have it set up like they did last semester.
ReplyDeleteThis post was super helpful because I have experienced the ARC during prime time. Not only is everything taken, but I tend to get super intimidated when I'm by myself at the gym. I was so used to my gym at home, so the transition from there to the ARC was a little difficult because I don't know how to use all of the equipment. I have done Rock spin in the past, and I absolutely loved it. It's so much more of an enjoyable workout when you are actually having fun while doing exercise.
ReplyDelete