Living in the in Between



College students live in this in between where they are free but they are not. They are out from their parents roofs and free from the rules they once argued over. Most parents probably are unaware what all their kids do at college. There really isn't any set rules saying this or that, just the law. No one is telling them to clean up their space, wash the dishes in the sink, to do their dirty laundry, to go outside, to be active, or even to eat. Although, most of us college kids have bills to pay from electric to schooling. College students live in the in between of the adult world but still a kid. 

To all college kids,
this is your reminder to live a balanced life. Manage the stress, make sure you are eating, be active, get involved on campus, and still have fun. Slippery Rock offers us all an amazing gym (ARC) which is FREE, there are places other than McDonalds to eat at like Boozel and Meals by Ginger, and there are so many resources to reach out to if you are struggling with anything. 

Comments

  1. Sadie, I think this is an important thing to talk about. As a college student myself, I can relate to this idea of the in between. At the start of college, I had to start setting goals for myself including how many meals I would eat in a week, when I would manage my work schedule and balancing the fitness requirements for the job, or just making sure I went out of my way to meet new people. Overall, it is evident that this time in our lives is hectic because of this "in between" and figuring it out. I will be looking forward to reading more of your posts about living in this "in between"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great topic for a blog and is definitely of value for college students to read. I struggled with the transition to college, but it’s important to remember that we were all in it together. Pre-adulthood is the point in our life where we may feel stuck because we have to make many tough decisions and almost fend for ourselves. I agree that it is important to stay busy and keep yourself healthy! Thank you for talking about this, as the transition to college is often overlooked by many.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

There is Other Options then the ARC Weight Room....

Stress Management