Stress Management

 Everyone has their own schedules, trying to make time for this and that. From studying to having a social life to budgeting that little bit of money that is quickly evaporating in the bank. College students have a lot on their plates, and stress accumulates over time. Here are a few tips to help manage the stress.

Exercise

If you are unaware when you exercise it produces endorphins. Those endorphins are chemicals that are natural painkillers, they sort of give you a natural high. exercise also helps improve sleeps, which ultimately helps with stress. I'm not saying you have to powerlift or anything like that, just simple physical activity like walking can go a long way with stress. 

Eat Good

Eating healthy and cutting back on high-fat, high-sugar, and reducing the amount of caffeine when you are stressed actually goes a long way. eating healthy helps your body have what it needs nutrition wise to fight off the stress. It might seem silly but it actually helps.   

Have an Outlet

Find a new hobby or even go back to an old one. Just try and find something to do that helps you escape from the stress for a little bit and then return to what you were doing with a clean slate. I know that some people do not think they should take one or deserve one, but when you start thinking like that you MOST DEFINITELY need one. 

Make a Plan 

Make a schedule for what all needs done and make priorities to things that are important. I know that whenever I am super stressed I map out my day and set aside a certain amount of time for each thing I have to do. It helps me stay on track and helps me get my work done. I feel so accomplished after it. 

If the Stress Gets too Bad

- Reach out to your advisor

- See a doctor or therapist 

- ↓Go to the Student Counseling Center↓

                Phone #: 724-738-2034

                 Address: Rhoads Hall
             204 Campus Drive, Suite 118

Comments

  1. Hey Sadie!

    I really like this blog, I think that this can help out a lot of people if they choose to take your advice from it. I like that you went and listed off different ways for people to reduce stress as well. Exercise is my way that I use when i need to reduce stress. I also like that you put the student counseling center on here i think this is huge. Overall I think this was a good blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadie, as college students, talking about stress management is extremely important because most students struggle with this immensely. It is not a subject that should be taken lightly. For me, exercise helps greatly with managing my stress levels. It is crucial that everyone finds what works best for them. I am glad you provided the number and address for the situations where it does get to the extreme levels of stress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think stress management is important. I have a roommate who gives me levels of stress I did not know I even had and for almost 2 months she was affecting me academically. At first nobody believed me about how bad she was until they experienced it. I started to cope with it by eating chips, candy, or what ever unhealthy food was around the dorm. I eventually broke that habit by going to Rockys everyday. Now since I do not eat the stress away I have essential oil that I smell or I go out and walk around campus to isolate myself from her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

There is Other Options then the ARC Weight Room....

Living in the in Between